Dating and Body Language
Have you ever wondered why whenever you are in a bad mood everyone around seems to avoid you, even though you haven't consciously expressed a reaction? In the animal world, body language is one of the most important forms of communication, especially when displaying romantic interest. Humans, specifically, communicate without using any verbal skills a whopping 80 % of our lives, and most of the time you don't even realize it!
Five Atlanta Dating Tips for body language
These tips will help you to make sure you are more aware about what you're projecting to people:
- Confidence is key! If you're walking around like a dog with its tail tucked between its legs, then this is showing the world that you have noidea what you are doing or where you're going. Keep your chin up, hold good posture, and stand tall; you'll be surprised how doing this instantly brings in more positive attention.
- Pay attention to eye and physical contact! If he or she keeps looking into your eyes while conversing, that means that they're comfortable around you, and are genuinely interested. Little flirtatious things, like flipping hair back, or a brush of your arm while laughing are also good signs things are going in a positive direction.
- DO NOT cross your arms, or hands! This body language produces negative signals, and you will appear closed off and unapproachable. Fidgeting also is a no-no; when you fidget profusely around someone, you seem distracted and disconnected with whatever conversation or activity taking place. Try to take a deep breath to relax, and keep your palms in an open, welcoming stance for a more successful response.
- "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery"--meaning, if he/she is mimicking your body language, or if you happen to catch yourself mimicking your partner's, you are actually subconsciously letting them you're interested! For instance, if you are having a conversation and notice that your date is leaning in towards you, follow their lead by reciprocating their actions; this is a fantastic way to let someone know you dig them without being overly intimidating.
- Last, but not least (a tried and true technique!)½.polish up those chompers, and SMILE! Studies have shown that not only can smiling improve your overall psyche, but if you keep a grin on your face for only about 0.5 seconds, it is almost always recognized as genuine and flirtatious on the receiving end.
Follow these five Atlanta Dating Tips and and you'll be on your way to a great date.
Single Atlanta is the most trusted Atlanta matchmaker. Our process is safe, fun, and easy. We make personal hand-selected matches with people who share common interests, core values and life goals. If you are ready to start your adventure, Call Us at (404) 250-9292 or fill out ourFast Form below to learn more and Be Our Next Match!